Leadership Skills at all Levels can be Strengthened and Refined.
- Manage complex interpersonal relationships
- Sharpen emotional intelligence (EI) skills
- Create visibility as a contributor
- Speak up and be seen
- Increase self-confidence and assertiveness
- Advocate for selves and others
- Create a strong leadership presence
- Maintain resilience in the face of setbacks
- Sustain a positive Inner-Coaching™ voice
Transitions in the workplace can be challenging. Changing roles and increasing responsibilities entails not only adjustments to new tasks, but to a new relationship with ourselves and those around us. Coaching demystifies assumptions (like “I need to know it all when I start”) and supports realistic expectations for success.
Leadership coaching is a one-on-one process devoted to a leader’s development. It seeks to create a safe place in which a leader can increase self-awareness, identify the best use of their gifts and talents, fortify strengths, gain clarity on leadership challenges and then strategize to address them.
Preparing Tomorrow’s Leaders: Leadership Coaching in Higher Education
Beth Weinstock Ph.D & Pat Sanaghan Ed.D, authors
Learn more about:
- Debunking Myths that undermine new leaders
- Case Study for leadership coaching
- Hidden Challenges that new leaders often face
Assessment Tools We Use
The Myers-Briggs Type Inventory (MBTI)
The MBTI sheds light on personality style and its implications for communicating effectively with others. Widely used and tested for reliability, it has helped thousands of people understand their own process for sustaining energy, decision making, gathering information and their preferred style of operation.
The Tilt 365 Positive Influence Predictor
This is a “360”strength-based assessment that highlights where a leader needs to focus for maximum impact on an organization’s creativity and innovation.
The Leadership Wheel (adapted from the Native American “Medicine Wheel”)
This unique instrument gives feedback on leadership style under stressful and non-stressful circumstances. It is useful for individuals and large group leadership development programs.